Wednesday 2 July 2008

Fracture Clinic


Wed 11th June


I went to the fracture clinic on Wed 11th June and they cut off my cast which is good because showering was a right pain, trying to keep it dry. I put a bin bag over it but try and secure a bin bag to your leg when you are allergic to duck tape, selotape, plasters... The only thing im not allergic to is micropore and thats not waterproof and generally falls off when it gets wet. Also the cast was killing my hip. I never realised how heavy and cumbersome those things are.

My foot/ankle was also marginally swollen. *sarcasum* I should have a picture of my normal ankle in comparison really but it is not hard to see that my foot is swollen. I have the boniest ankles normally. And my toes look tiny in comparison. Bruising has started too.

















I was marginally disapointed because I wanted a blue cast. Blue being my favourite colour and all. But then I got this robot foot which is awesome. Soo comfy too. I googled how much they cost... £105 !!! I wonder how many people fail to give them back (like crutches) then complain about the state of the NHS when the NHS must loose loads of money with the things they lend out!!!


My funky new robot boot. It is padded with foam and inflates with cushionning also.
Except i've broken the deflator thing already but the cartridge of a pen works just as well as it depresses the valve.

No comments: